Christopher Guy (‘Chris’) Thomas was born in March 1952 and has been a volunteer with the Railway since 1970. By profession Chris is a Chartered Electrical Engineer, running a successful consultancy.
He is a volunteer guard, signalman and shunter, and is Bridgnorth Stationmaster. With the formation of the Bridgnorth development project team in 2009, he was appointed estate manager, charged with overseeing site tidying and restoration of visitor areas.
SVRSevern Valley Railway Officerships
- Director of Severn Valley Railway Company Limited until 1996
- Director and Trustee of SVR Rolling Stock Trust until 2012; Chairman 2002 (succeeded by Alan Osborne) and 2006-7 (succeeded by Hugh McQuade).
- Director of SVR(H) since 1999
- Chairman of Severn Valley Railway Association 1984-1987, succeeding Jack Bond and succeeded by Alvin Barker
- SVR Chairmen
- SVRA Chairmen
- Severn Valley Railway Company Limited at Companies House (Retrieved 22 April 2019)
- SVR(H) at Companies House (Retrieved 22 April 2019)
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 71, 84
SVRLive, Holdings Board (Retrieved 23 April 2019)