From SVR Wiki
On August 23 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1902 Employees of Friar's Carpet Works, and others totalling about 500 - 600 people, were due to go on an excursion to Blackpool, leaving Bridgnorth at 4:50am. The train arrived about two hours late due to the signalman at Berrington oversleeping.
- 1968 GWR 829 Full Third arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Didcot. LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway 9355 also arrived (since converted to LMS 149 Buffet Car).
- 1970 The SVRSevern Valley Railway arranged an informal meeting to ensure it had the membership's support for the proposed extension to Foley Park. Around 300 SVRSevern Valley Railway members attended and were in favour of the proposals
- 1974 BR Class 52 D1062 Western Courier was withdrawn from BRBritish Rail or British Railways service at Laira
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Ludlow Advertiser - Saturday 30 August 1902 on the British Newspaper Archive
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 18