From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1963 Large Prairie 5164 was withdrawn from service by BRBritish Rail or British Railways.
- 1992 General Manager Michael Draper ceremonially 'cut the sod' for Kidderminster Turntable.
- 1980 Alan Thwaites captured images of 4930 on the SVRSevern Valley Railway leg of a return charter from Ramsgate to Bridgnorth.
- 1993 The first trial running of 7802 Bradley Manor in preservation took place at Bewdley.
- 2004 Miss Victoria Bridge from Cradley carried out the re-opening ceremony of Victoria Bridge which had been closed for around 6 weeks of repairs.
- 2016 7000 tickets to ride behind Flying Scotsman and Tornado at the autumn 'PacificLocomotive with a 4-6-2 wheel configuration Power' event went on sale. All were sold before the end of the day.
- 2016 LNER 7960 Kitchen Composite was exhibited at King's Cross station in London in connection with the unveiling of a sculpture of Sir Nigel GresleySir Nigel Gresley, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the London & North Eastern Railway 1923-1941.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 20
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 102
- Alan Thwaites (Retrieved 16 May 2020)
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 107
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 147
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 194