From SVR Wiki
On April 19 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1892 A large number of excursionists from West Smethwick returned to Kidderminster Station two hours after the last excursion train had left. A "wild and disorderly scene ensued" as they tried to board an ordinary express train without valid tickets, resulting in two men being locked up and fined £2 each and costs.
- 1980 80079 made a first appearance on the main line since preservation, double heading the Black Countryman rail tour from Hereford to Manchester Victoria with former SVRSevern Valley Railway resident 5000.
- 1997 A charter railtour from Paddington to Kidderminster (main line) saw the first appearance in the area of a Great Western liveried HST.
- 2000 Construction of Kidderminster Carriage Shed was completed, with the keys being handed to the SVRSevern Valley Railway by the Carillion site manager.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Bridgnorth Journal and South Shropshire Advertiser. - Saturday 23 April 1892 on the British Newspaper Archive
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 56
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 124
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 122