Thatcher and Whitehouse's Sand Siding
Shunting instructions for Kidderminster issued in 1960 refer to 'Messrs. Thatcher and Whitehouse's Sand Siding' connected to Nº10 siding in the marshalling yard. The 1938 map shows seven sidings, however a further three were added in 1943. Replies to a discussion on the Kidderminster Past Facebook page mention "...a casting sand quarry at Aggborough in the late 50s run by Mr Thatcher..." and a quarry "...owned by Mr Whitehouse was [at] the back of Aggborough crescent"
- Birmingham Traffic District Sectional Appendix 1960
- Turley (2005) p. 15.