Stone quarry siding opposite Highley Station
In 1880 the GWRGreat Western Railway provided a siding at Highley for a stone quarry opposite the station worked by Mr Baker of Kidderminster, who agreed to pay the £53 construction cost and a rent of £5 per year for wayleave. Following Mr Baker’s death in or around 1881, the siding became disused.
In August 1882 the GWRGreat Western Railway Board approved the provision of additional sidings and a signal box at Highley which were commissioned on 25 June 1883. Mr Baker’s siding ran within a few yards of the signal box and was presumably removed as part of those works, as the 1884 OS Map does not show the quarry siding.
- Private sidings connected to the Severn Valley Railway
- List of historical Signal Boxes and Ground Frames
- Marshall (1989) p. 99.