→Bewdley history before preservation: Resize, gallery and add photos
== Bewdley history before preservation ==
[[File:Bewdley railway station 1795793 c24b1cba.jpg|thumb|
200px|right|Bewdley station in 1963 (Geograph) ]] [[File:PGH BewdleyGoods.jpg|thumb|200px|right|An up goods passes Bewdley in April 1962 (PG Hindley)]] [[File:Bewdley1898.jpg|thumb|200px|right|Bewdley Station in 1898]]
*1862 Bewdley has a population of 2900<ref>[[Bibliography | Handbook to the Severn Valley Railway, J. Randall, 1863]]</ref> (Population; 10869 in 2001)<ref>[http://www.wyreforestdc.gov.uk/things-to-see-do-and-visit/tourism-and-travel/guide-to-bewdley.aspx 2001 census]</ref>
*1862: When the Severn Valley Line opened, Bewdley was a crossing point and was deemed a principal station, being provided with a goods shed and goods yard. Construction of the [[Wyre Forest Line | Tenbury and Bewdley Railway]] and the [[Kidderminster Loop Line]] had already been authorised, and the station was always planned to be a junction.
*1970: Passenger services to Kidderminster and Hartlebury ended on 5 January, ending the pre-preservation use of Bewdley Station.
|+ Traffic statistics for Bewdley (including Northwood Halt), selected years prior to 1939