From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1859 The foundation stone for Victoria Bridge was laid.
- 1962 The go-ahead was given for the construction of Ironbridge B Power Station even though the Severn Valley branch was still open, although threatened with closure at the time.
- 1970 GWR 17410 'Toad' 20T Goods Brake Van first arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1973 GWR 2303 Fruit Van, GWR 3467 Fruit D Van, GWR 55 Riding/Dormitory Van and GWR 30903 Ballast Wagon all arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1984 Phase 1 of the Kidderminster station building opened to the public.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history