GWR 57976 Covered Goods Van (body only)
The wagon was built in 1894 at Swindon to Diagram V6 Lot 17. It was latterly used as a grounded shed in Kidderminster Goods Yard and became SVR(H) property when the coal yard land rented by Charringtons Coal Merchants was vacated in November 1996. At the time it was considered for possible reconstruction.
Photo from Gareth Price's photostream, also used on Railway Heritage Register Wagon Survey page.
- Atkins, Beard & Tourret (2013) pp. 32, 353.
- Railway Heritage Register Wagon Survey
- SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society Stock Book Ninth Edition