Friends of 4930 Hagley Hall
The Friends of Locomotive 4930 Hagley Hall is a group based on the Severn Valley Railway. It was formed in early 1999 by a number of younger members, with the objective of raising funds to contribute towards the restoration of Ex-GWR 4930 Hagley Hall. The locomotive is owned by Severn Valley Railway (Holdings) PLC.
In 2010 the Friends published on their website a letter from Nick Ralls, the SVRSevern Valley Railway's General Manager, stating that they would have an equity stake in the locomotive in return for their fundraising. By September 2016 the Friends had raised over £110,000 towards the overhaul.
From time to time the Friends operate a sales stand at galas and special events on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- List of preservation groups
- Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust Ltd
- Severn Valley Railway (Holdings) PLC
- List of sales stands
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 137
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 207, pp. 22-25
- Friends of Hagley Hall web site
- SVR Charitable Trust webpage (Retrieved 7 June 2017)