From SVR Wiki
On August 2 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1963 Transport Minister Ernest Marples approved the ending of passenger services between Shrewsbury and Bewdley from 9 September 1963.
- 1968 "Flying Pig" 43106 arrived in steam on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Lostock Hall.
- 1976 SVRSevern Valley Railway volunteers provided assistance to the Fire Brigade in tackling a large fire at the Devil's Spittleful (Rifle Range) Bridge on the Spring Grove Estate between Bewdley and Foley Park. Diesel shunter Highflyer used a spare HawksworthFrederick Hawksworth, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Great Western Railway 1941-1948 tender to provide around 10,000 gallon of water.
- 1978 D1013 Western Ranger and D1062 Western Courier were towed from Kingswear to Newton Abbot, the first stage of their move to the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 2018 40106 Atlantic Conveyor arrived as part of a relationship with the Class Forty Preservation Society, initially on a short-term hire but later extended.
Photos taken on 2 August:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Magner (1997) p. 32.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book Ninth Edition
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 41
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 126