Stourport Road Bridge
Bridge 5 carries the A451 Stourport Road over the SVRSevern Valley Railway. It also carried the Kidderminster and Stourport Electric Tramway between 1898 and 1929.
The photo shows the view from the West, looking towards Kidderminster, with the former British Sugar Corporation's Foley Park Factory situated on the land to the right beyond the bridge. A path from the Stourport Road Bridge led to the Foley Park Halt which was immediately beyond the bridge, originally on the right but moved to the left of the line when the Foley Park Sidings were built.
When the SVRSevern Valley Railway purchased the section of line southwards from Alveley Colliery in 1972, Stourport Road Bridge effectively became the new southern limit of the railway, the transition with British Railways property being a few yards nearer Kidderminster. In 1977 a set of trap points was installed at the boundary beyond the bridge to control movements between BRBritish Rail or British Railways and the SVRSevern Valley Railway.