Timetable: Severn Valley and Tenbury Branch 1866
On 1 August 1863 the West Midland Railway was amalgamated with the GWR, who took over the operation of the Severn Valley Branch. They also operated the Tenbury and Bewdley Railway from its opening on 13 August 1864.
On the Severn Valley Branch in 1866, four through trains ran each way between Shrewsbury and Worcester on weekdays, with average journey times between 1h 40min and 2h 5 min. The fastest journey time, the 2:45pm from Hartlebury, was achieved by by means of Arley, Highley, Linley, Cressage and Berrington being treated as request stops. On Sundays a single service ran from Worcester to Shrewsbury in the morning, returning in the late afternoon.
On the Tenbury Branch, three trains per day ran between Woofferton and Bewdley on weekdays only.
Both timetables include one train labelled 'gov', an apparent reference to this being deemed to be a 'Parliamentary' train.