From SVR Wiki
On September 9 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1899 Kidderminster Fireman, William Inglis, was reported for "Not coming on duty as had been arrested by Police the previous evening for disorderly conduct at Kinver". He was later convicted & discharged.
- 1963 Passenger services between Shrewsbury and Bewdley ceased.
- 1972 Ex-LNERLondon & North Eastern Railway 3442 The Great Marquess and Composite Corridor Brake 24068 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway, the latter being the first of the GresleySir Nigel Gresley, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the London & North Eastern Railway 1923-1941 teak carriages to move to the SVRSevern Valley Railway
- 1973 After several test steamings and checks, 3442 worked Bridgnorth to Hampton Loade services for the first time since arrival and overhaul at the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1978 70000 Britannia worked services between Bewdley and Foley Park during the Autumn Enthusiasts' Weekend
- 1979 2857, the first ChurchwardGeorge Jackson Churchward, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Great Western Railway 1902-1922 2-8-0 to be steamed in preservation, moved under her own power for the first time.
- 1985 BR Class 08 D3586 was withdrawn from BRBritish Rail or British Railways service
- 1991 BR 25771 Corridor Second arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from London’s Old Oak Common
- 1994 LMR 600 Gordon was the first steam locomotive to use Kidderminster Turntable.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- GWRGreat Western Railway Staffing Records held by National Archives, via Ancestry UK
- Smith (1968) p. 26.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 29
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 53
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 112