On September 9 in SVR history.
- 1963 Passenger services between Shrewsbury and Bewdley ceased.
- 1972 Ex-LNER 3442 The Great Marquess and Composite Corridor Brake 24068 arrived on the SVR, the latter being the first of the Gresley teak carriages to move to the SVR
- 1973 After several test steamings and checks, 3442 worked Bridgnorth to Hampton Loade services for the first time since arrival and overhaul at the SVR.
- 1978 70000 Britannia worked services between Bewdley and Foley Park during the Autumn Enthusiasts' Weekend
- 1979 2857, the first Churchward 2-8-0 to be steamed in preservation, moved under her own power for the first time.
- 1985 BR Class 08 D3586 was withdrawn from BR service
- 1991 BR 25771 Corridor Second arrived on the SVR from London’s Old Oak Common
- 1994 LMR 600 Gordon was the first steam locomotive to use Kidderminster Turntable.
- Smith (1968) p. 26.
- SVR News 29
- SVR News 53
- SVR News 112