- 1969 Hauled by a BR Brush Type 4, 46443, 3205, Railcar 22 and 4 carriages travelled from Bridgnorth to the Birmingham Railway Museum at Tyseley for a special event.
- 1975 The SVR’s first Enthusiasts' Day (the forerunner of the autumn Steam Gala) saw 11 locomotives in steam.
- 1980 The first passenger-hauling run on the main line for 43106 in preservation, standing in for 45593 'Kolhapur' on the Tyseley-Didcot steam route.
- 1986 LMS 8F 48773 was dedicated as a memorial to British military railway personnel who lost their lives on active service during the Second World War. GWR Siphon 2926 was used as the exhibition vehicle for the ceremony, with its restoration still not quite complete.
- 1989 A ceremony was held on Kidderminster station concourse to mark the opening of the ex-Manchester Victoria W H Smith Bookstall.
- 2003 813 was exhibited at STEAM GWR Museum, Swindon.
- 2008 A Great Western (SVR) Association celebration train ran with the toplights and Siphon 1257.
- 2022 The SVR hosted an incoming HST rail tour from Leeds to Bridgnorth, which took place to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Modern Railways magazine and 40 years of HSTs on CrossCountry's North East to South West route. While at the SVR, CrossCountry power car 43366 was named "HST40" (sub-scripted with "Celebrating 40 years of High Speed Train services on the Cross Country network"), while GBRf loco 66799 was named "Modern Railways Diamond Jubilee".
- SVR News 14
- SVR News 36, 37
- SVR News 57
- SVR News 82
- SVR News 94
- The GWR 813 Preservation Fund Diary of Visits & Steamings 2000 -2010
- SVR News 163