- 1984 GWR 65801 Mogo Van re-entered service during the Enthusiasts' Weekend on the demonstration goods train following overhaul and repainting.
- 1990 The Bishop of Dudley officiated at a service held on Kidderminster station concourse to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the formation of the SVR.
- 1991 The Laira Open Day featured amongst the preserved locomotives D821 Greyhound, D1013 Western Ranger, D1015 Western Champion and D1062 Western Courier. Amongst the mainline fleet were 50007, 50031 and withdrawn 50049.
- 2009 Ownership of the Kidderminster Turntable was transferred from the Turntable Fund to the SVR Rolling Stock Trust.
- 2016 At Hampton Loade GWR 2426 Toplight Full Third moved for the first time in 28 years, taken to Kidderminster Carriage and Wagon by D4100 'Dick Hardy' to begin its long path to eventual restoration. GWR 55 Riding/Dormitory Van was delivered for use as temporary overnight volunteer accommodation.
- SVR News 74
- SVR News 98
- BR Open Days (Retrieved 1 September 2019)
- SVR News 168