From SVR Wiki
On September 11 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1973 GWR 3429 Fruit D Van, GWR 1145 Toplight 'Snake C' Passenger Brake and GWR 105873 'Mica B' Refrigerated Meat Van arrived from Ipswich, Bristol and the DeanWilliam Dean, Chief Locomotive Engineer of the Great Western Railway 1977-1902 Forest Railway respectively.
- 1976 The first 'Enthusiasts Weekend' (forerunner of the Autumn Steam Gala) began with 12 SVRSevern Valley Railway locomotives in steam. The event included passenger working to Foley Park for the first time.
- 1982 A BRBritish Rail or British Railways DMUDiesel Multiple Unit was photographed on Falling Sands Viaduct while working a summer special beween Kidderminster and Bewdley during that year’s Enthusiasts Weekend.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 39, 41
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 66,67