SR 56291 Bogie Brake Van
|SR 56291 Bogie Brake Van|
SR Brake Van 56291 (Jan 2016)
|Built By||SR Lancing/Ashford|
|Other Numbers||KDS 56291|
|Telegraphic code||‘Queen Mary’|
|1985||Appeared on the main line|
Service and Preservation
56291 was built by the SR at Lancing/Ashford in 1936 to Diagram 1550, Lot 867. Post-nationalisation it was used in BR’s Southern and Western regions, ending service in BR’s S&T Department works trains, for which it was renumbered KDS 56291.
56291 arrived on the SVR on 27 November 1993 from London’s Old Oak Common. It is privately owned by J.J. Smith and is stored at the Stourport Triangle awaiting restoration.
- SVR Stock Book Ninth Edition
- Railway Heritage Register Wagon Survey