Open House Weekend
Previously known as the annual Members & Shareholders Weekend. The first Open House Weekend was on 16-17 April 2016.
Attractions vary from year-to-year but in 2017 included:
- Intensive train service, featuring local services and visiting locomotive from the Spring Steam Gala.
- Diesel locomotive services.
- Bridgnorth Loco Works and Bewdley Down Yard, as well as Bridgnorth, Bewdley North and Kidderminster Signalboxes open for visits.
- UpIn reference to the direction of travel means towards the major terminus (i.e. towards Kidderminster on the present day SVR) to 30 model railway layouts on display in Kidderminster Diesel Depot and Engine House.
- Kidderminster Diesel Depot open for visits
- A locomotive on display on Kidderminster Turntable.
- The Coalyard Miniature Railway at Kidderminster (additional charge applies).
- Paddock Garden Railway at Hampton Loade.
- On-train Cream Tea Service
- Diesel Footplate Experiences
Peep Behind the Scenes
This second event, Peep Behind the Scenes, also allows visitors a chance to see some areas of the railway that are not normally open to the public.