On October 1 in SVR history.
- 1968 A two day Public Enquiry began to consider BR's application for the Light Railway Order, necessary before the Railway could be transferred to the SVR.. It was lead by 'Dickie' Dunn, assisted by Bill Gillett and Christopher George.
- 2003 The 'fire train' (a tank wagon) was shunted out to deal with a fire in the bank at Little Rock Cutting.
- 2005 50049 Defiance, 50031 Hood and 60009 Union of South Africa shared duties on The Devonshire Riviera Express.
- 2009 7802 Bradley Manor attended the West Somerset Railway's 'GWR 175 prelude' event.. 4566 was required by the SVR and did not attend this Gala.
- 2010 37906, 50135 Ark Royal and D1062 Western Courier visited the Nene Valley Railway.
- 2012 The SVR launched a share offer to raise money for developing the Bridgnorth Station site and returning 4930 Hagley Hall to steam.
- 2015 7812 Erlestoke Manor and 2857 attended West Somerset Railway's Autumn Steam Gala.