From SVR Wiki
On November 8 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1866 A goods train from Buildwas ran through signals approaching Bewdley and collided with a standing goods train.
- 1873 The driving axle of a locomotive hauling a passenger train between Tenbury and Bewdley broke, damaging the track and bringing the train to a halt.
- 1962 A meeting of the TUCCTransport Users Consultative Committee took place at Bridgnorth Town Hall to hear opinions on the proposed closure of the Severn Valley branch.
- 1993 The SVRSevern Valley Railway learned that BRBritish Rail or British Railways planned to auction off the land they had leased to build Kidderminster Town station.
Photos taken on 8 November:
2017: 6634 awaiting collection at Bridgnorth
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 121.
- Todmorden & District News Friday 14 November 1873 on the British Newspaper Archive
- Magner (1997) p. 26.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 109