- 1876 Leominster Engineman, Joseph Moreton, was caught taking coal from Hartlebury Lamp Room and fined 2 shillings.
- 1939 RAF Bridgnorth was ready for occupation.
- 1965 Both 7802 Bradley Manor and 7812 Erlestoke Manor were recorded as withdrawn from Shrewsbury shed, though there is evidence of 7812 working after that date.
- 1968 Highley Colliery was completely closed. Coal winding had ended in 1940, but the pithead remained in use for ventilation and personnel access to Alveley Colliery.
- 1972 Plassermatic Tamper TT65RD moved to the SVR from Wolverhampton. Thought to have been last used in the late 1970s, it was broken up at Kidderminster in 1999.
- 1986 Hydraulic rams were used to move the 2,500 ton concrete Bewdley Bypass Bridge around 150ft into its final position.
- 1990 BR Well Trolley 901010 arrived on the SVR from Willesden, a unique surviving vehicle.
- GWR Staffing Records held by National Archives via Ancestry UK
- Marshall (1989) p. 100.
- SVR Stock Book, 9th edition
- SVR News 33
- SVR News 130
- Marshall (1989) p. 91.