From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1856 A meeting to generate support for new Severn Valley Railway Company was held at Stourport, which "...gave general satisfaction, for strong expressions of support were given by most of the persons present."
- 1910 The GWRGreat Western Railway Board authorised the relining of Bewdley Tunnel at an estimated cost of £3,247.
- 1963 BR Class 52 D1062 Western Courier entered BRBritish Rail or British Railways service.
- 1967 The first of two small 'open days' took place. 46443 was steamed although no rides were given.
- 1978 The SVR GWR coaching set undetook a Bewdley-Kingswear railtour.
- 1987 GWR 103592 Mink 'A' Covered Goods Van arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Sheffield.
- 1990 D5410 (27205) and D1013 Western Ranger attended Bescot Open Day.
- 1994 50031 Hood and 50044 Exeter arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from St Leonards.
- 1993 31233 was named Severn Valley Railway.
Photos taken on 6 May:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history