On May 19 in SVR history.
- 1854 SVR Chairman Jonathan Thorp resigned and Morton Peto was elected Chairman in his place.
- 1892 A special train travelled the Severn Valley Branch overnight, collecting workmen to participate in the weekend conversion of 177 miles of main line from broad gauge to narrow gauge.
- 1973 Hampton Loade signal box was commissioned and signalling in the station area brought into use. Token working to Bridgnorth began a fortnight later.
- 1974 46443 re-entered service following a year out for axle box repairs.
- 1980 A diesel-hauled convoy of SVR locomotives and rolling stock left for the Rocket 150 celebrations at Rainhill, including 43106 still in black undercoat following an overhaul.
- 1984 Railway artist and locomotive owner David Shepherd was guest of honour at a celebration of 10 years service between Bridgnorth and Bewdley.
- 1984 A two day visit to Aberystwyth yielded 14 GWR lamp posts and two running in boards.
- 1995 GWR 7802 Bradley Manor and GWR Mogul 7325 took to the main line for a Gloucester-Worcester-Kidderminster test run. 7325 developed a warm tender bearing by Worcester, so 7802 took the train back to Stourbridge, before returning light engine to the SVR.
- 2011 Sharp Stewart 0-4-4T Dunrobin was brought to Bridgnorth Loco Works for a feasibility assessment, following which an overhaul commenced.
- 2019 Colin Gifford launched his new book 'Transition', compiled and published in conjunction with Kidderminster Railway Museum.