- 1854 Sir Samuel Morton Peto became chairman of the Severn Valley Railway.
- 1967 Railcar 22 arrived on the SVR on loan from the owners, the GWS at Didcot.
- 1974 BR 34562 Brake Second Corridor arrived on the SVR from Cowlairs.
- 1977 BR 16202 Composite Corridor was brought to the SVR by rail from Micheldever, Hampshire by GWR 6960 Raveningham Hall.
- 1978 The Rt. Rev. Eric Treacy died. A well known photographer, 'The Railway Bishop' was a Life Member of the SVR.
- 1983 Maj. Olver of the Railway Inspectorate carried out the annual inspection of the line, including the work in progress to repair the embankment collapse at Bridgnorth Bypass Bridge.
- 1990 The SVR unwittingly achieved a ‘full house’ by rostering GWR 4566, SR 34027 Taw Valley, LMS 46443, LNER 3442 The Great Marquess and BR Standard 75069 on the same day.
- Nabarro (1971) p. 29.
- SVR Stock Book Fourth Edition
- SVR News 44, p. 27.
- SVR News 48
- SVR News 68
- SVR News 97