Difference between revisions of "LMS 45048 Inspection Saloon"
m (add links)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
Revision as of 15:29, 13 July 2015
LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway Inspection Saloon 45048 was built at Wolverton in 1940. It was purchased for preservation in 1981, initially at Steamport (Southport) before moving to the Gloucester Warwickshire Steam Railway in 1983. Following a lengthy restoration it carried HRH The Princess Royal to open the GWSRGloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway (Commonly known as the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway)’s Cheltenham Racecourse Station. It was withdrawn from service suffering from water ingress via a leaky roof, and offered for sale in 2012. It was acquired by an SVRSevern Valley Railway member and moved to the SVRSevern Valley Railway in 2013. As of May 2015 it is stored alongside Kidderminster Carriage Shed awaiting restoration at the owner’s expense.
Photo from Gareth Price's Flickr photostream, also used on GWR813.org.
Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey