Difference between revisions of "LMS 45048 Inspection Saloon"

From SVR Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(add Navbox and Infobox)
m (moved from near carriage shed)
Line 24: Line 24:
 
|years6    =  
 
|years6    =  
 
|events6    =  
 
|events6    =  
}}LMS Inspection Saloon 45048 was built at Wolverton in 1940.  It was purchased for preservation in 1981, initially at Steamport (Southport) before moving to the Gloucester Warwickshire Steam Railway in 1983.  Following a lengthy restoration it carried HRH The Princess Royal to open the GWSR’s Cheltenham Racecourse Station. It was withdrawn from service suffering from water ingress via a leaky roof, and offered for sale in 2012.  It was acquired by an SVR member and moved to the SVR in 2013.  {{As of|2017}} it is stored in the vicinity of Kidderminster Carriage Shed awaiting restoration at the owner’s expense.
+
}}LMS Inspection Saloon 45048 was built at Wolverton in 1940.  It was purchased for preservation in 1981, initially at Steamport (Southport) before moving to the Gloucester Warwickshire Steam Railway in 1983.  Following a lengthy restoration it carried HRH The Princess Royal to open the GWSR’s Cheltenham Racecourse Station. It was withdrawn from service suffering from water ingress via a leaky roof, and offered for sale in 2012.  It was acquired by an SVR member and moved to the SVR in 2013.  {{As of|2017}} it is stored at [[Kidderminster]] awaiting restoration at the owner’s expense.
  
 
==See also==
 
==See also==

Revision as of 16:57, 19 February 2017

LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway 45048 Inspection Saloon
LMS 45048 GarethPrice.jpg
LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway Inspection Saloon 45048 (Gareth Price)
Built By LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway Wolverton
Status Stored awaiting overhaul
Number 45048
History
Built 1940
Diagram 2046
Lot 1264
Type INSP
Seats n/a
1981 Preserved
2015 Arrived on SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society

Carriages

LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway Inspection Saloon 45048 was built at Wolverton in 1940. It was purchased for preservation in 1981, initially at Steamport (Southport) before moving to the Gloucester Warwickshire Steam Railway in 1983. Following a lengthy restoration it carried HRH The Princess Royal to open the GWSRGloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway (Commonly known as the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway)’s Cheltenham Racecourse Station. It was withdrawn from service suffering from water ingress via a leaky roof, and offered for sale in 2012. It was acquired by an SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society member and moved to the SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society in 2013. As of 2017 it is stored at Kidderminster awaiting restoration at the owner’s expense.

See also

List of carriages

References

Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey

Links

45048 on vintagecarriagestrust.org
Gareth Price Photostream