From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1923 The GWRGreat Western Railway Bridgnorth to Wolverhampton bus service was taken over by Wolverhampton Corporation.
- 1945 Ambulance Train 34 was disbanded by the British Army Train Unit at Ostend Quay station, including vehicle 3406 (GWR 5804 Brake Third)
- 1973 Token working was introduced between Bridgnorth and Hampton Loade.
- 1979 The Bridgnorth buffet / restaurant Portakabin was brought into use, replacing the 'York Buffet Car'. This 'temporary facility' continued in use until 2019.
- 1979 The walls of the new locomotive inspection pit at Bridgnorth were concreted.
- 1979 Black 5 LMS 5000 hauled her first main line rail tour following restoration on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1980 The SVRSevern Valley Railway's paid up membership passed 10,000.
- 1990 The SVRSevern Valley Railway staged a "Heavy Freight Weekend"
- 2001 A new 'visitor centre' opened at Highley, housed in TPO 80300.
- 2018 A 2-day 'Goods Gala' began, celebrating the 100th anniversary of GWR 2857 and the 150th anniversary of the opening of Eardington station.
Photos taken on 2 June:
2018: 66763 Severn Valley Railway at the Goods Gala
2018: A GBRf IIA hopper in use in the Goods Gala.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 82
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 28
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 52
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 56
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 137