From SVR Wiki
On June 18 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1891 The GWRGreat Western Railway agreed to construct a siding for Exleys at Coalport and provide free materials to extend it in exchange for the company not mining coal under the railway.
- 1980 The ex-Fort William 70ft turntable now at Kidderminster arrived at Bewdley from storage at Horsted Keynes.
- 2017 The Charitable Trust announced an initial HLFHeritage Lottery Fund (National Lottery Heritage Fund from 2019) grant of £71,800 to develop its bid for funds to repair Falling Sands Viaduct. The bid succeeded in 2019.
- 2018 The boiler of the last unrestored steam locomotive on the line, 4150, was moved from Bewdley to Bridgnorth boiler shop.
Photos taken on 18 June:
2017: 50007 Hercules
2017: County Boundary Slip (ground view)
2017: Borle Viaduct
2017: Brooksmouth Bridge
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 108.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 59. SVRSevern Valley Railway News 56 gave the date as Tuesday 1 June