On July 29 in SVR history.
- 1969 LMS 7511 Restaurant First Open arrived at the SVR, donated by Gilt Edge Carpets of Kidderminster; the same day British Sugar donated ten open plank wagons from Foley Park.
- 1972 LMR 600 Gordon hauled its first public passenger service following arrival at the SVR on loan from the Army.
- 1997 Brush Class 31 A1A-A1A No. 31413 Severn Valley Railway was scrapped at Doncaster.
- 2007 BR Class 20 D8188 arrived on the SVR, lent to assist with rebuilding following the 2007 Storm Damage.
- 2009 BR Class 20 D8059 arrived on the SVR, joining sister D8188
- 2010 The newly-installed wheel drop was used 'in anger' for the first time, when the trailing driving wheel set was removed from Stanier mogul 42968 to attend to loose axle boxes.
- 2010 The SVR's Sales and Marketing Manager, John Leach, died.