From SVR Wiki
On July 1 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1860 The West Midland Railway was formed, becoming leaseholders of the Severn Valley Railway.
- 1872 The Severn Valley Railway was amalgamated in to the Great Western Railway.
- 1896 The Shropshire and West Midlands Agricultural Show was held at Bridgnorth. A siding was created for the event.
- 2007 All SVRSevern Valley Railway carriages became non-smoking following the introduction of national legislation.
Photos taken on 1 July:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Nabarro (1971) p. 41.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 159