On January 3 in SVR history.
- 1861 Construction of the Tenbury & Bewdley Railway began.
- 1970 the final regular timetabled BR passenger services ran between Bewdley and Hartlebury and Kidderminster.
- 2000 A reunion of former BR staff was staged to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the end of BR services. Special DMU shuttles ran between Kidderminster and Bewdley.
- 2010 Alun Rees drove 43106 on the dining train; his last turn before retiring as a driver. His son Gwyn acted as fireman.
- Beddoes & Smith (1995) p. 17.
- SVR News 131, 132
- SVR News 169