From SVR Wiki
On January 1 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1869 The Tenbury Railway was transferred into joint LNWRLondon & North Western Railway and GWRGreat Western Railway ownership.
- 1948 Following nationalisation, the Severn Valley branch of the Great Western Railway became part of British Railways' Western Region.
- 1963 Control of the Severn Valley Branch passed from BRBritish Rail or British Railways's Western Region to their London Midland Region.
- 1969 GWR 178 Autotrailer Third first arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1973 Michael Draper was appointed to the Board of SVRSevern Valley Railway(H) as Finance Director under the Chairmanship of Sir Gerald Nabarro. Mr Draper was SVR General Manager from 1976-1993.
- 1977 Bridgnorth signal box suffered a fire. The resulting damage to the structure and equipment took several months to repair.
- 1988 SE&CR Open Goods Wagon 12522 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 2001 All SVRSevern Valley Railway trains became non-smoking
Photos taken on 1 January:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history