On January 1 in SVR history.
- 1869 The Tenbury Railway was transferred into joint LNWR and GWR ownership.
- 1948 Following nationalisation, the Severn Valley branch of the Great Western Railway became part of British Railways' Western Region.
- 1963 Control of the Severn Valley Branch passed from BR's Western Region to their London Midland Region.
- 1969 GWR 178 Autotrailer Third first arrived on the SVR.
- 1973 Michael Draper was appointed to the Board of SVR(H) as Finance Director under the Chairmanship of Sir Gerald Nabarro. Mr Draper was SVR General Manager from 1976-1993.
- 1977 Bridgnorth signal box suffered a fire. The resulting damage to the structure and equipment took several months to repair.
- 1988 SE&CR Open Goods Wagon 12522 arrived on the SVR.
- 2001 All SVR trains became non-smoking