Difference between revisions of "GWR 83831 Loco Coal Wagon"

From SVR Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(additional info and history)
(add category)
Line 13: Line 13:
 
[http://www.gwr813.org/pagew87.html 83831 on www.gwr813.org]<br>
 
[http://www.gwr813.org/pagew87.html 83831 on www.gwr813.org]<br>
 
[http://www.ws.vintagecarriagestrust.org/ws/WagonInfo.asp?Ref=7456 83831 on www.vintagecarriagestrust.org]<br>
 
[http://www.ws.vintagecarriagestrust.org/ws/WagonInfo.asp?Ref=7456 83831 on www.vintagecarriagestrust.org]<br>
 +
 +
[[Category: Rolling stock owned by The GWR 813 Preservation Fund]]

Revision as of 07:21, 13 December 2016

GWRGreat Western Railway 83831 Loco Coal Wagon

83831 was built at Swindon circa 1931-32 to Diagram N27, Lot 1084. It is one of thousands of 20 ton Coal Wagons (telegraphic code 'LOCO') which were a common sight on the coal stages at GWRGreat Western Railway loco sheds; many were also hired out to collieries to replace elderly wooden-framed wagons.

83831 was later sold by BRBritish Rail or British Railways(W) to the CEGB for use at the Carmarthen Bay Power Station. It was acquired from there in 1985 by its present owners, The GWR 813 Preservation Fund, arriving on the SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society in March of that year. It was totally rebuilt at Bewdley in 1986.[1]

See Also

List of goods wagons

References

  1. SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society Stock Book 9th Edition

Links

83831 on www.gwr813.org
83831 on www.vintagecarriagestrust.org