GWR 261 Toplight 'Snake C' Passenger Brake
|GWR 261 Toplight 'Snake C' Passenger Brake|
GWR toplight 'Snake C' Passenger Brake 261
|Built By||GWR Swindon|
|Other numbers||W261, W261W|
|Type||Snake C, BG|
|1996||Arrived on SVR|
GWR Churchward toplight 'Snake C' Passenger Brake (BG) No 261 was built in 1922. Sister 1145 is also on the SVR. Accommodation consisted of a guard’s compartment situated between two luggage vans, with a corridor along one side to allow passengers to pass through.
It was first preserved in 1982 by the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway for potential use as a catering vehicle. It moved to the SVR, arriving on 19 March 1996, and was then privately owned. It is now situated adjacent to Highley signal box, where it is used for temporary overnight accommodation.
Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey
Severn Valley Railway Stock Book Ninth Edition