GWR 2242 Corridor Brake Third
|GWRGreat Western Railway 2242 Corridor Brake Third|
|Built By||Metro Cammell for BRBritish Rail or British Railways(W)|
|Other numbers||W2242W, DW 150391|
|Designed By||HawksworthFrederick Hawksworth, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Great Western Railway 1941-1948|
|1966||To DepartmentalRolling stock used for the railway’s own functions (engineering etc.) rather than for general passenger or goods traffic. service|
|2019||Acquired by the GW(SVRSevern Valley Railway)A|
It was ordered by the GWRGreat Western Railway before nationalisation but built for BRBritish Rail or British Railways(W) by Metro Cammell in 1950 as Lot 1744 to Diagram D133. As built it had four third class compartments seating 32, with one toilet.
In October 1966 it renumbered DW 150391 and converted to a DepartmentalRolling stock used for the railway’s own functions (engineering etc.) rather than for general passenger or goods traffic. vehicle for use as a mess / tool van, permanently coupled to a Plasser-Theurer ballast cleaning machine. It was withdrawn from service by BRBritish Rail or British Railways in 1982.
2242 was acquired by the late Dennis Howells in December 1982 and moved to the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre in January 1983.
In October 2019 it was acquired by the Great Western (SVR) Association and moved to the SVRSevern Valley Railway on 29 October, requiring 4 to 6 months' work to complete its restoration. It is a sister vehicle to 2233.