GWR 1146 Full Third
|GWR 1146 Full Third|
GWR Full Third 1146
|Built By||GWR Swindon|
|Other numbers||079153, 99232|
|1969||Entered preservation on SVR|
|2015||Re-entered service following overhaul|
After passenger service, 1146 was later numbered 079153 and 99232. The former number signified Departmental Coaching stock within the Western Region that did not normally move or had its movements confined to a particular depot or yard. The latter number signified hauled non-passenger carrying use; all four of the SVR TKs formed part of the Swindon GWR test train which was used for load testing of diesel locomotives.
The entire 9-coach test train was sold into preservation in 1969, with the four coaches being bought for the SVR and arriving on 19 December. All four Full Thirds were restored between 1970 and 1973, and saw service on SVR excursions on the main line as well as on the SVR itself.
1146 completed an overhaul, which included repainting in the Bewdley carriage paint shop, and returned to service in spring of 2015. It is finished in GWR 1934-42 livery featuring the ‘shirt-button’ roundel, and is owned by The GWR 813 Preservation Fund.Sometime over the Christmas Bank Holiday 2017 1146 was one of two coaches vandalised at Kidderminster (the other being GNR Corridor Composite No. 2701). 
Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey
SVR Stock Book Ninth Edition