Foley Park Halt

From SVR Wiki
Revision as of 22:30, 30 November 2018 by Graham Phillips 110 (talk | contribs) (add map)
Jump to: navigation, search
Next stations pre-closure
Towards Kidderminster Towards Shrewsbury
Kidderminster Bewdley
via Rifle Range Halt (to 1920)

Foley Park Halt

Extract from 1951 OS Map showing Foley Park Halt

Foley Park Halt was located between Kidderminster and Bewdley and opened on 2 January 1905. It was located next to Stourport Road Bridge; originally situated on the South side of the line but later moved to the North side when Foley Park sidings were opened in 1925. The extract from Ordnance Survey Map SO87, surveyed 1938 - 1949, published 1951, shows the later location.

The halt was initially served by a steam railmotor service which began the same day, lasting until 1918.

The halt closed on 6 January 1970 when passenger services ceased between Bewdley and Kidderminster. Little or no trace of the halt is visible today.

Historic maps of Foley Park Halt

  • Original GWRGreat Western Railway plan showing the halt to the north of the line.

Photographs

See also

List of stations

References

  • "British Sugar Corporation Ltd, Foley Park, Kidderminster". Railways in Worcestershire article. Link. Accessed 09/01/2015.
  • "Severn Valley Railway". Railways in Worcestershire article. Link. Accessed 09/01/2015.