From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1947 In bitter winter conditions, 0-6-0T No 2612 fitted with a large snow plough was seen departing Kidderminster towards Bewdley.
- 1978 LMS Corridor Third 2300 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Bass Charrington in Plymouth as an empty shell.
- 1983 The concrete deck of the new Bridgnorth Bypass Bridge was poured.
- 1989 A meeting in the ‘King & Castle’ organised by Locomotive Inspector John Price lead to the formation of The DMU Group (West Midlands).
- 2008 Following the 2007 storm damage, the first section of line between Bridgnorth and Hampton Loade reopened for passenger services.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history