On February 1 in SVR history.
- 1862 Public services began on the newly opened Severn Valley Railway.
- 1932 The GWR opened a new shed at Kidderminster.
- 1965 The goods yard at Hartlebury was closed by BR.
- 1966 The Severn Valley Railway Society met BR officials who agreed to the £25,000 offer for purchase of the line and buildings, subject both to contract and a Light Railway Order being granted by the Ministry of Transport.
- 1968 BR's application for a Light Railway Order covering the line between Bridgnorth and Alveley Sidings was published. Once granted, this would downgrade the Branch to a Light Railway which could then be transferred to the SVR.