Current events on the Severn Valley Railway
This page provides a brief summary of current and forthcoming events on the SVRSevern Valley Railway, and links to where further information can be found. Historical information will be moved to the latest history timeline page as necessary.
Links to sources of information
(Links will open in a new window)
The SVR Main Web Site is primarily aimed at the travelling public. It includes all the latest news relevant to that sector, including details of forthcoming events, timetables, locomotive rosters, ticket sales and so on.
SVR Live is also an official SVRSevern Valley Railway web site, for members, shareholders and enthusiasts. SVRSevern Valley Railway Live contains occasional news announcements, although these are of a more specialist nature concerning matters like locomotive overhauls and infrastructure upgrades. Information which is publicly accessible for enthusiasts includes Traffic Notices, Working Timetables and so on. Certain pages from time to time are secured for password-protected use by Working Members for internal communication on AGMs and the like. Until March 2018 it also carried regular updates from various sources, including social media and SVRSevern Valley Railway-related websites, now discontinued.
'Express Points' is the Working Members’ monthly newsletter which moved to an online only delivery in January 2017. It is distributed by email to those who have registered, and it also publicly accessible on SVRSevern Valley Railway Live, which includes an archive of past editions.
'Branch Lines' is a monthly newsletter for SVRSevern Valley Railway Members, Shareholders and supporters. It is published SVRSevern Valley Railway Live, which includes an archive since April 2017.
‘SVRSevern Valley Railway Online’ is a secure password-protected intranet site is used by the SVRSevern Valley Railway for internal communication with staff and Working Members.
Forthcoming special events
- 2-3 April Open House Weekend to start the 2022 season
- 21-24 April Spring Steam Gala. Visiting locomotives:
- 2999 Lady of Legend: GWRGreat Western Railway 2900 Saint class 4-6-0
- 32678 Knowle [LBSCRLondon Brighton & South Coast Railway 2678]: LBSCRLondon Brighton & South Coast Railway Stroudley A1X Terrier class 0-6-0T
- 60007 Sir Nigel GresleySir Nigel Gresley, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the London & North Eastern Railway 1923-1941 [LNERLondon & North Eastern Railway 4498]: LNERLondon & North Eastern Railway GresleySir Nigel Gresley, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the London & North Eastern Railway 1923-1941 A4 PacificLocomotive with a 4-6-2 wheel configuration
- 7-8 May Model Railway Weekend
- 19-22 May Spring Diesel Festival. Visiting locomotives:
- 44004 Great Gable (D4): BRBritish Rail or British Railways Class 44 1 Co-Co 1
- 46045 (D182): BRBritish Rail or British Railways Class 46 1Co-Co1
- D9009 Alycidon (55009): E.E.English Electric Class 55 Deltic Co-Co
- 2-5 June Jubilee event
- 23-24 July Day of Dance
- 6-7 August Vintage Transport Weekend
- 20-21 August Food & Drink Fayre
- 8-10 September Bridgnorth Beer Festival
- 15-18 September Autumn Steam Gala
- 24-25 September Model Railway Weekend
- 29 September - 2 October Autumn Diesel Bash
- 22-23 October Frost Fayre (Christmas gifts)
- 27-29 October Ghost Train
- 18 November Steam in Lights commences (selected dates to Dec 23)
- 26 November Santa Trains commence (selected dates to Dec 24)
- 26 November Enchanted Express commences (selected dates to Dec 24)