A Brake van, also known as a Guard's van, is required at the rear of any train that is not fully fitted with brakes on every wagon that can be applied by the driver. Passenger trains also often contain a Passenger brake or Guard's van, which contains a compartment for the use of the guard, and often includes space for parcels and other small goods. Passenger brake vehicles are listed separately on the Carriages page.
Pages in category ‘Brake vans’
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
Media in category ‘Brake vans’
The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.
- BR 953153 20150307.jpg 247 KB
- BR 955243 20150402.jpg 245 KB
- BR 993898 20150426.jpg 157 KB
- BR 993898 20170317.jpg 320 KB
- DB993876 20170726.jpg 249 KB
- GWR 17410 20150320.jpg 240 KB
- GWR 17410b 20180626.jpg 340 KB
- GWR 40362 20150307.jpg 244 KB
- LMS 730866 20150307.jpg 238 KB
- SR 56291 20150402.jpg 242 KB
- SR 56291 Bogie Brake Van.jpg 249 KB
- WD 55577 20150307.jpg 227 KB