Caledonian Railway / LMS 304543 Covered Goods Van
This 10 ton Goods Van was built at the St Rollox works of the Caledonian Railway and was originally numbered 4543. It also saw service as LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway 304543 following Grouping in 1923, and was later used by Cadbury’s, from where it arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway in June 1967.
The van is seen in the photograph at Hampton Loade in its current LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway livery, where had been in use as a store.
Plans are afoot to relocate this vehicle and sister 302080 to Ferryhill railway centre in Aberdeen. Its role as a store has been taken by GWR Fruit C 2815.
Railway Heritage Register Wagon Survey
SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book Eight Edition