Burlish Branch Junction appears in the Engineer's Line References for the Severn Valley Railway. The junction with the Severn Valley branch was situated 3 chainsAs a unit of measurement, 22 yards or 1/80th of a mile (66 yards) west of Stourport station, towards Bewdley in the direction of travel. It formed the entrance to a long goods loop, access to the north end of which which was controlled by the Park Street ground frame. The ELRs give the length of the Burlish Branch as 42 chainsAs a unit of measurement, 22 yards or 1/80th of a mile, placing the northern end approximately at the location of Burlish Halt.
A private siding for the company Steatite & Porcelain Products Ltd. connected with this goods loop. Access to the loop from the junction at the southern end was closed in 1933, although the sidings remained in use. The company premises were (and are) situated in the vicinity of Burlish Halt.
Steatite and Porcelain Products was established in 1907 and in 1910 incorporated as Ernst Hildebrant Ltd. It changed names in 1917 to the Clay Ring Co. Ltd. and in 1928 to Steatite & Porcelain Products Ltd. It was acquired in 1941 by ICI Metals Division and in 1964 by Morgan Advanced Ceramics Ltd (now Morgan Advanced Materials plc).
- Mitchell & Smith (2007), picture 7
- Marshall (1989) p. 90.
- Grace's guide to British Insustry webpage (retrieved 7 October 2018)