BR 25498 Corridor Second
|BRBritish Rail or British Railways 25498 Corridor Second|
BRBritish Rail or British Railways Corridor Second 25498
|Built By||BRBritish Rail or British Railways York|
|Livery||BRBritish Rail or British Railways Crimson & Cream|
Service and preservation
25498 was built at York in 1958 to Diagram 146 (AA201), Lot 30374. It entered service in the Eastern region in 1958, where it remained throughout BRBritish Rail or British Railways service.
25498 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway on 16 May 1983 from Heaton, having been bought by the L.M.S. & B.R.British Rail or British Railways Coach Fund. It was overhauled and received a full repaint in 2000, and in early 2017 it underwent restoration at Kidderminster Carriage Shed (rather than the Carriage Repair Works), including roof repairs, overhauling of door locks and repaint. It is a regular in Set C, the BRBritish Rail or British Railways Crimson & Cream running set. It is now owned by The SVR Charitable Trust.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book 9th edition
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Charitable Trust
- Longworth (2013) p.142.
- 'Branch Lines' May 2017 e-newsletter