On August 31 in SVR history.
- 1965 The Severn Valley Railway Society held a public meeting in Bridgnorth, generating publicity and support.
- 1968 A three day gala began at Bridgnorth, with trains running to Hampton Loade using 46443 and 43106. Travel required a 'day membership', as the SVR had not been granted an LRO at that stage.
- 1971 Esso Oil Tank Wagon 2686 was delivered to Bewdley from Esso's Chesterfield Works
- 1973 The Stanier Mogul Fund handed over a cheque for £3,575 to acquire 42968 from Barry Scrapyard.
- 1996 Stanier Mogul 42968 returned to the main line for the first time in thirty years, performing a test run from Kidderminster to Gloucester and return.
- 2008 45110 was withdrawn from SVR service, for eventual overhaul
- 2008 GWR 93045 Mink 'A' Covered Goods Van arrived from the National Waterways Museum
- 2013 A recommissioning ceremony was held at Kidderminster for SR 34053 Sir Keith Park
- 2019 Mark Saville's 1957 Series 1 Land Rover "Plimsoll" made a return trip between Bridgnorth and Kidderminster during the Classic Vehicle Day
Photos taken on 31 August: