- 1861 The roof was completed on Stourport station; the goods shed and a cottage for the crossing keeper were also complete by this date.
- 1968 The Manchester Rail Travel Society and Severn Valley Railway Society jointly organised North West Tour ran from Stockport to Liverpool. Among the steam locos used were future SVR residents 48773 and 45110.
- 2000 Shunter 12099 propelled the first rake of carriages into the newly completed Kidderminster Carriage Shed.
- 2005 SR 34027 Taw Valley took the Cathedrals Express from London Victoria - Bristol and return, running as 34045 Ottery St. Mary.
- 2016 The SVR featured in an edition of BBC Radio 4's Money Box programme, in an item 'How to Have a Fabulous Wedding on a Budget'.