On April 16 in SVR history.
- 1965 All traffic ceased on the Wyre Forest Line.
- 1966 Future resident LMR 600 Gordon unusually worked the RCTS 'Longmoor Railtour' from Woking onto the Longmoor Military Railway and onward to Staines.
- 1973 The West Midland Safari and Leisure Park opened. The area of the SVR adjacent to the park is commonly referred to as 'Safari Park Curve'.
- 1981 The episode 'Curse of the Mummy' from the TV comedy series Sorry! was first screened. A scene was filmed at Bewdley.
- 2016 The first Open House Weekend took place, replacing the previous Members & Shareholders Weekend.
Photos taken on 16 April:
- The Railway Magazine, October 2019. pp. 40-46
- Marshall (1989) p. 93.